What you will need to understand is that with these CD-ROMs (2006 I-Codes Collection v.1.G, 2006 I-Codes Collection v.1.0 and 2006 North Carolina Codes) you have Adobe 7 compatible files and you will need to use Adobe Reader 7 to Unlock these codes successfully. The new version 8 of Adobe Reader is not compatible until you download the updates for each Code that are compatible with version 8 using Adobe Reader 7.
In the process of Unlocking using Adobe Reader 7 during installation you will want to answer ALLOW to the Internet connection twice, when the message comes up saying there is a download available, initially the First time you will want to answer NO to the download to get it to Unlock correctly and give you the message that it has “Successfully Unlocked, do you want to automatically login the next time?” Answer YES, and you will be successfully Unlocked from this time forward. If this does not happen the first time try it a second time.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR UPGRADING
After files have been Unlocked successfully under Adobe Acrobat 7 Reader take the following steps to upgrade to version 8 of Adobe Reader if necessary.
- Check for updates under each code that has the “Check for Updates” (Bookmark area)
- Download each update to a temporary folder
- Gather ALL updates (temporary folder)
- Copy all updates and paste into current folder of original files
(located in C:/Program Files/ICC (International Code Council) …
- Replace original files with new files
NOTE: New files should have a new version number on ProtectedPDF page in top right hand corner, other than what original files had.
- Make sure the files are still Unlocked under version 7 Adobe Reader
- You are safe to upgrade to Adobe Reader 8 now